What's New | Newsletter | Events & Meetings | Contact
My name is John Mack and on November 5, 2019, I was re-elected to serve a 6-year term as a Newtown Supervisor. I would like to thank all the citizens who came out and voted that Tuesday. I will do my best to work as a Supervisor serving all Newtown Township residents.
Honesty · Integrity · Experience
As a Supervisor, I keep busy learning about and making decisions about issues of concern to residents, including traffic and pedestrian safety, the pollution of our streams and lakes, perfluoronated hydrocarbons (PFAS) in our drinking water, preservation of open space, fiscal responsibility, and over development. On average, I spend more than 40 hours every month on official Supervisor activities including interacting with residents, preparing for meetings, and attending meetings (read "What's the Hourly 'Wage' of a Newtown Township Supervisor?").
22 March 2023 BOS Meeting Summary
Arcadia/Mayfield Contract Violations, Single-use Plastics Ban Plans, Bid Awarded for 2023 Road Paving Program, Consortium vs Sale of Public Sewer System, NESD Report, more…
This is my personal summary of the March 22, 2023, meeting of Newtown Township Board of Supervisors (BOS). This is not a complete nor an official summary.
Access the 2023 BOS Chronicle for detailed summaries of all 2023 BOS meetings plus the BOS voting record (UNOFFICIAL) for 2023.
- Public Comment – Andrea Ahern on Arcadia/Mayfield Contract Violations
- Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) - Single-Use Plastic Ban Plans
- Engineer’s Report - 2023 Liquid Fuels Road Program - Recommendation to Award Bid to pave 3.08 miles of roads: Which roads are included?
- Solicitor’s Report: Resolution to Join Consortium Opposing Sale of Public Water and Sewer Systems to Private For-Profit Companies – Is this in the best interest of Newtown Township?
- Manager’s Report - Newtown Emergency Services Department Report - Is a NEW firehouse needed?
- Official Video
- Video Transcript
Connect With Us